Sunday, January 29, 2012

GREAT DANCE...Some announcements

First of all thanks and congratulations to everyone for making a wonderful dance last night! We ended up having around 22 dancers (a wonderful mix of all ages and stripes), five musicians, and people from many exotic places (France, Belgium, Iran...Uji, Shiga!). What a great way to kick off the new year.

There were many newcomers, and everyone really worked together so nicely it turned out awesome! I was so impressed and happy that the young kids danced with us throughout the night. Thank you all for being so patient with each other and most of all me, my rough japanese, and my sometimes backward teaching. Seeing people go from raw beginners to confident, energetic, and smiling dancers made it was a truly rewarding evening for me. I couldn't have been happier.

Some housekeeping: Some people have reported that for them their anti-virus (Trend Micro) is blocking our website. Thank you for letting me know. This is problem with our "parent" site, not our site. I have contacted Trend Micro and I hope they will be fixing the problem soon. In the meantime, I have every reason to believe the website is safe, and you can remove antivirus blocking on it if you wish, or wait till the problem is fixed. I just got word from Trend Micro, and they have changed the website status to safe. Please let me know if you continue to have a problem with the site.

Secondly, I forgot to give out the door prizes! So, this will have to wait till next time. For the time being we will continue to use the R.S.V.P. system, so if possible please let me know if you are coming. It is OK to show up "unannounced", but an R.S.V.P. is helpful so I can know how many people are coming and notify people of any changes or important information.

I also want to remind/inform people people that we are allowed to wear normal shoes in the hall. So if you want to bring comfortable shoes, like sneakers, to use, that is OK. Otherwise, we have slippers and people seem OK with dancing in those. The same thing goes for clothing...loose, casual, and comfortable for dancing is best.

Lastly, here are upcoming dance events:
Higashiyama Saturday, February 18th from 5 to 9 PM
French Dance Sunday, February 26th from 10 to 3:30
Fushimi Sunday February 26th from 2 to 5 at Tsunagari Cafe
St. Patrick's day Dance March 17th, place and time to be announced.
If you are holding an event, or know of an interesting event, please email me and I will pass it on if appropriate.

MAP for regular events is: http://goo.gl/6mASp
VIDEO for all events is: http://goo.gl/r7NKF
HOMEPAGE: http://contrakyoto.byethost9.com
FACEBOOK http://goo.gl/NjROp
CONTACT for all events is contrakyoto@gmail.com 携帯 070 6475 5855

No comments: